Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
Immortal6

Peter Pan Stakes

Looks like a highly competitive field for today's Peter Pan. Would like to get others thoughts on the race.

Core Beliefs: Big fig from the SA Derby where the finished 3rd ahead of 4th place Derby finisher Instilled Regard. Hope he takes a lot of money as the 2-1 ML favorite as I can't find a way to use him in the top 2 spots.

Zing Zang: Only one top 3 finish in 7 life time starts for the ass-man. Looking at his bris figs he is as consistent a runner as you could ask for, will the "cut back" to one turn and a jock change to the always dangerous Irad Ortiz Jr. equal a new life time top? Possibly, but even so I have a hard time seeing a top two finish here.

Just Whistle: This son of Pioneerof The Nile just broke his maiden at Keeneland by riding the rail in what I would consider a perfect trip. He was 2nd two back by a half length to the highly regarded Hofburg. Seems to be the wise guy horse and will likely go off below his 5-1 ML odds. Could win it, but not with my money.

Blended Citizen: The Derby AE didn't draw in and I think that was a great thing for him as he meets a field today that is right in his wheelhouse. He was last seen finishing 5th in the Bluegrass. I think he needs a bit of a slower pace today to win, and at 6-1 on the ML this Doug O'Neill trainee is my pick.

High North: Red Hot Brad Cox trains this winner of the Norther Spur at Oaklawn. A recent sharp work at CD give me hope this horse is hitting his best stride but his results against stakes company (5th in Risen Star, 7th in Rebel) make me second guess how good he really is. Can see him setting the pace and holding on for piece.

Gotta Go: A horse that I think will love that this race is run around one turn. Although he broke slow and was shuffled far back in the 14 horse field in the Bluegrass, he should get a cleaner trip here and have a good chance to close well. He finished a length ahead of Diamond King in the Swale and actually beat two pretty decent horses in Lone Sailor and Bravazo in the Street Sense back in October. 15-1 on the ML? Yes please. Absolute must use in my book.

So now we get to how to bet the race...As I stated above, I think that Blended Citizen is the most battle tested, and should be in good position to close into a modest pace. Win bet if I can get 3-1. Going to have to dutch with the Gotta Go if he goes off at better than 10-1.

Exotics: / / ALL
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)