Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 12:54 PM   #4380
MikeH

I read articles in the Wall Street Journal (generally a liberal paper, except for their editorial staff), talking about interest rates being paid on CDs. How they've really not gone up, even though the 10 & 30 year yield are up, home loans are up 2%+, etc.

The writers' comments are that the banks are so flush with cash in their checking and savings accounts because of all the un-spent stimulus $$, that the banks don't need to raise what they are paying.

How much longer this $$ will last, is anyone's guess. I can't see how it could go on much longer, but, the employment stats coming out of the government right now are so contradictory that I have no idea. The labor force participation rate tells me that many workers are still "on the sidelines," probably a lot more than the stat shows.

A huge concern of mine is this. When men are out of work for extended periods (women react differently, in spite of what the liberal academia & entertainment industries want you to believe,) they tend to develop mental issues and then have a difficult time getting back to work. This was a huge, un-talked-about issue after the Great Recession.

It's now been, what?, 2½ years since the "Great Lockdown." I see the potential for real problems in the American future.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)