Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #31
ryesteve

Let me toss some numbers into the mix. First, let me point out these are TSN figs, not Beyers, but I don't think that should make a huge difference.

Anyway, so far in 2008, 193 3yos have run in Graded races with a purse of $250k or higher. The average best-of-last-3 fig for these horses was 92.2. In 2007, 165 3yos ran in similar races thru April; their average best-of-last-3-fig was 93.5. Yep, that's a pretty decent difference; however, with around 15% fewer horses under consideration, the difference could be attributed to fewer weaker horses dragging down the average. Going back to 2006, which I think we'd agree was a pretty good crop, there were 180 3yos who ran in such races through April and their average best-of-last-3-fig was 92.3, which is basically the same as this crop. So based on this, I wouldn't be able to call this bunch inferior.
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.