Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 01:13 AM   #6
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Donovon View Post
You don’t think they are rooting for Brady ? He made millions for them. I would find it hard to believe any Patriots fan, player, or former teammate or former coach Would be rooting against Tom Brady. It would take a small person to feel otherwise.
With all respect, sir, I disagree. People are way more complex than that. And success-even mutual success-often sparks resentment in the unlikeliest of places. Perhaps ESPECIALLY in the unlikeliest of places. Familiarity breeds contempt at least as often as it engenders loyalty. There is an old European proverb for which there is no exact American interpretation, but the general thrust is : "When my friends prosper, I die a little."

That's just my take, Ray, and I could certainly be mistaken in this instance.

BTW..I would bet big that Belichick roots hard against Brady. And that Tom returns the favor. Unless, that is, they are saints as well as GOATS.

Last edited by mountainman; 02-03-2021 at 01:18 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)