Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 AM   #10
boomman

Curlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG
I agree with Ralph that each event is completely independent. Obviously the lined is becoming blurred concerning “historical” trends in most sports.

Having said that…

The proposition is (possibly) taking less than 5-1 and asking this of the animal…

• Go from MSW / GR3 / GR2 / GR1 with no margin for error…
  • Go from 7f / 8.5f / 9f / 10f with no margin for error…
  • Go from fields of questionable depth to 19 of the best his generation has to offer…
  • Face the fastest pace of his life to date.
  • All of that and more in a span of roughly 100 days.
Positives...
  • Obvious raw talent.
  • Strong pedigree evident by his 7 figure sale after his dominate MSW win.
  • Facing a crop where no on has yet stamped themselves a dominate runner.
  • Running over his “home” track where Helen Pitts trained him for months prior to his GP debut.
Like most betting propositions there is a combination of positive / negative angles. However, unlike most day to day gambles this one involves the once in a lifetime circus surrounding this event not to mention the most important factor…Potentially a relatively small return from speculation.
Excellent post Dan: Those were some of the points I was trying to make. I never like using a horse that is being asked to do something for the first time at a short price. If the price is right so be it, but if not, as the saying goes: "I'm from Missouri, you're gonna have to show me" LOL

Boomer

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)