Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 12:06 PM   #22
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am sure you have seen how they have enriched your state of California.
Not sure how long you have lived there and your age, but if I compare how it was when I was a young teenager in the early 70's to when I escaped in 2010, I can only think of what got worse, and nothing that got better.

Income tax, sales tax, and government fees all went up. Traffic citations and parking tickets, all up well above where an inflation adjustment would get you. One spot where a parking ticket was $2 in 1977, was $48 in the mid 1990's. Apartment rentals all way up over inflation, even during real estate crashes. Schools are all over crowded an under performing. That was something the lotto was supposed to fix. The cost of utilities is the highest of any state.

Roads are in worse shape, illegal dumping is rampant, and gang graffiti is everywhere.
I am 58, born and raised a few miles from Santa Anita racetrack.

The only thing that is better is the smog, the San Gabriel mountains would be invisible in the 70's on huge smog days and that was from 2 miles away.

We are never alerted when illegals will be coming in.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)