Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #55
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Well its kinda funny, and a long story, at some point I could elaborate more but....

For me I am having issues where I know certain horses are going to win and there is value in the plays, as you suggested, but I am so anti-favorite that I dont play it. Its a weakness of my game.

Completely understand where you are coming from here. I am the same way a lot of the time. I was sold on Justify, lucky for me. I was also sold on Monomny Girl or what ever her name is, in the Oaks. I am not going to get into if it was a over or underlay, that is a decision that is already past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc990 View Post
Those double combos were underlaid and they'd be underlaid if they ran the races again tomorrow. Let's try not to be too results oriented... I know it's difficult. If a horse is underlaid in the win pool, considering the takeout, there is a great chance that they'll be underlaid in the doubles, exactas, etc.

I've come to believe that to the majority of racing "experts", value means "big price"
Big price's can be had, but in this situation were not going to be there. I thought the prices were fair, and that is just my opinion. The point is that after handicapping one race for 3 weeks, you know about where the odds were going to be. And if you were sold on Justify, you had to make your decision. Were you going to take 5/2 against 20 others, or try and find something else and get a better price. The way I went looks good now, but could have been questioned by others at the time the bet was placed. Got lucky, time for the next race.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)