Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #244
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Thud!

That was the sound of a -$339 session of 1/2 NL at Charles Town races after 10 hours of play.

It was inevitable, I had been on a roll the past 2.5 months with something like 10 winning sessions out of 14. Hopefully this thud is short-lived.

My to-date results are:

Hours Played = 195
Session Wins/Losses = 27/17
Net (Excluding promotions) = + $453
Net (Excluding promotions) Hourly = + $2.32
Promotions/Comps = $400 + ~ $5

While not satisfied, I am still pleased with my results. Of course my results could still be largely due to luck. It is nice to have a few extra dollars after playing a game and challenge I enjoy, but a reasonable person would see this as folly.

Some day just to be different I might make my first visit ever to the Penn National poker room. Without a doubt the first order of business SHOULD be to learn what this fellow "the lion" looks like for the purpose of bankroll preservation! I recall being introduced to him something like 7 years ago, and I don't think the encounter lasted more than 30 seconds.

To borrow a phase used by James "Split Suit" Sweeney, Happy Grinding!
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement