Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
onefast99

On the 3rd floor at Aqueduct there is a trackside restaurant and anyone who has ever been there knows there is a jamaican fellow who frequents that area looking for tips or owners and trainers to tell him that their horse is live. Last year we had one in on a rainy day in February I went thru the glass doors on my way down the escalator to the paddock two feet behind me was this gentleman. As I got to the top of the paddock stairs where the IDs are checked this guy asks me how do you look trainer, I told him I'm not the trainer but we look ok. He said thank you and I figured I was done with him. On my way back to the 3rd floor he stops me again and tells me he is out of money and could I place a $20 win bet on my horse for him. I said ok. Well we won at 4-1 and right after the race was official the guy comes up to me and hands me my $20 back plus his program with the 9 horse circled in the last race. The horse was 20-1 morning line and he told me that the trainer told him he "can't lose". I played the horse with some of my winnings. At post time he was 23-1. He wins the race and pays $48 and the exacta of 9-6 pays $260. We don't race much in NY anymore but I have to admit that 9 out of 10 times I would just ignore a stranger who asks me to bet my money for them but for whatever reason I am glad I booked his bet!

» Advertisement