Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Pace Projection
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:56 PM   #14
papillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
One thing I observed with every horse that has secured a gate is the 3/4 call in final prep was in 1:11+. There is no lasting early speed unless we're presented with changing tactics. I'm gonna be nervous if my selections are not somewhat forwardly placed since I'm expecting a good chunk of the field to be bunched together and hitting the go button between the 3/4 and mile pole. There are at least half a dozen horses with solid final 3/8 fractions within a half second of each other. The more forwardly placed ones may have the advantage. If it does pan out the way I envision then the Brisnet pace figures from the Florida Derby suggest Audible and perhaps Hofburg could be quite dangerous. Yes, I might actually wager on a Storm Cat horse, just not the one most are talking about.

I noticed this too. It may explain why several of the final preps were won by the horse that got the lead first without any real objections from the other horses for the rest of the race. If this is the case, the horses who want a shot are goining to need to grab the lead right from the start, or at least be close enough to pass whoever does when they hit the wall, if they can.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)