Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 02:22 AM   #32
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
The reason is that when I look at a subset of races - such as horses that actually were within 1 length at the 1st call, I found that the important factors are far different than when looks at the totality of all horses.

That's a mouthful. Sorry.

Another way to say it through an example and with a few breaths in the sentence...
We know that the best jockeys win the most races because we can see it in the statistics for jockey standings.

However, if we looked at only (say) horses that were within one length a furlong from the wire...

... we'd probably find that "Jockey Win Pct" was not the big factor it is in the overall stats.
It was the idea of "subset studies" that drove me to develop the 1-2-3.

IMHO, that is where the edge is to be found.

I should do a video on what I've come to call "Segments and Subsets."

While I do not do it graphically as they do, this video provides some insight into the value of breaking data down into segments. Ayasdi's English Premiere League 2:31.

If you are not a soccer fan (as I am not), perhaps you'd make more sense of their 13 Positions of Basketball video 14:39.

There is a longer, better version of the 13 Positions of Basketball video 33:15.

Dave
p
congrats from one old craps dealer to one former one......thanks for percentages and probabilities and thanks for sending me to tarks.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.