Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 05:11 AM   #23
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I find the following disqualifying even if you don't, Grits:

It was early in the nine-hour hearing when Tillerson said he might recommend revoking President Obama’s actions punishing Russia for its cyberattack during the American election, which Tillerson acknowledged was probably approved by Putin.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) followed that with a blunt question: “Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?”

“I would not use that term,” the Russian Order of Friendship laureate replied.

Rubio offered to “help” Tillerson reach that conclusion, describing his targeting of schools and markets in Syria that have killed thousands of civilians, and his earlier attacks on Chechnya, where he killed 300,000 civilians using cluster munitions and bombs that kill by asphyxiation. “You are still not prepared to say that Vladimir Putin and his military . . . have conducted war crimes?”

“I would want to have much more information before reaching a conclusion,” the nominee replied.

Rubio went on to ask about the broadly held view that Putin has approved the killing of “countless” opponents, dissidents and journalists.

“I do not have sufficient information to make that claim,” Tillerson replied.

“Do you think that was coincidental?” Rubio pressed.

Tillerson said “these things happen” to “people who speak up for freedom,” but he would need to know more.

Rubio was angry. “None of this is classified, Mr. Tillerson,” he said. “These people are dead.”

link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.43d891d1e69a

This may be "one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan" but I prefer somebody who I'm confident is negotiating in our behalf. Must be thousands of other candidates with less questionable motives who want the job. No?
He's not going to sit there with the information we all read in the newspaper and put out a decisive war plan after condemning Putin on the spot without knowing all there is to know. What is it you want? Trump and Co. get accused of having an unfit disposition and itchy trigger finger and everybody is scared but the opposition is demanding absolute action on Russia mainly because of losing an election because nothing was bandied about much when this all went down. That's crap!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement