Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 06:34 AM   #3
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
And Cladys was shown the door for merely supporting his players. This, after a 9-4 season. I can tell you what, that program isn't getting better than 9-4.

So now Fleck takes over. If he was patient and waited another year at WMU, I'm sure he could've gotten a better job. Don't be shocked if this is nothing more than a stepping stone and Fleck ditches them in 2 years.
As a long-suffering Gopher alumni, I wouldn't argue with your prediction, though the deal is for six years and $21M.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-foo...for-minnesota/

Fleck was being considered for Purdue and Oregon as well.

It seems almost impossible for a college football team to move from middle of the road into the "elite" level, and Minny hasn't won a national championship since 1960. Although Lou Holtz turned the program around in 1984 when he was there for a year, I'm not sure if he'd stayed he would have found the same level of success he did at Notre Dame. It seems to take more than just a good coach to become a top team - based on what I saw at Minnesota versus what I've heard about other programs (i.e., Alabama), it requires an enthusiastic and wealthy booster club to attract the top talent.....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)