Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 4NJbets news...
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:38 AM   #26
NJ Stinks

Just found out tonight about this from the front page here at PA. So I checked for an e-mail about this and have not received one. (Don't know if 4NJBETS even has my e-mail address.)

Aside from being pissed if I can't play tomorrow and this weekend because of startup crap, here's some pros and cons from what I see so far:

Pros:

1. Hopefully, more UK racing plus Asia on certain nights. If I can play Cheltenham in two weeks, I'll be beyond happy!

2. Hopefully, no more of that barbaric $4.50 fee per $100 using my debit card. (I live an hour each way from Freehold and driving there costs just as much in fuel and time as the idiotic fee.) Using a checking account sounds like we just might be entering a new century here.

Cons:

1. No fan of TVG's style of shoving Pick Anything down our throats all day long. Plus I would never want to help pay Todd Schrupp's salary or - God forbid - help him get a raise. Anyway, if stinking NJ ever gave me a choice, I ain't pickin' TVG to make my bets through.

2. I'm concerned that the video will not be as good/reliable as what we had.

The charges per bet and video charge that I see at the TVG website (that we may or may not be subject to) probably won't affect me because of the betting threshholds but I still detest the idea of them.

In the end I have to say this. I'm over 60 and I still have put up with whatever slop NJ dishes out because I'm not allowed to shop around for an ADW. Meanwhile, have I mentioned that I've never been deliquent on my NJ property taxes the last 30+ years and always paid my NJ state taxes on time? The whole thing makes me *$@* furious.

Good thing I love horseracing.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)