Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #8
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Factor View Post
I can expand somewhat. My track variants incorporate everything one associates with variants (via par system).
I then convert variants to time and 'proportionately' adjust pace. Basically all factors used to create the variants are accounted for and you're left with nothing but 'speed in track'. If your variants account for turns and track configuration, then they are already accounted for as well.
I like to compare variants along the pace times as well as finals because it helps to ensure no timing errors have gotten by me and tainted the data. Variants are in play at all stages of the race and kind of add-up to the final variant value.Don't think I can expand anymore without getting into creating the variants. I use a universal par system that accounts for everything.In theory, a self-establishing race field par system should be the best system but I've never been able to get that to be true. Probably just me.
so if you are just measuring horse speed and not track then that is going to insinuate that .......

a track that averages variants of maybe 20, would be 10 weaker than one that averages 10, insofar as the standard of horse running on it?

i am not really asking you to expand as such, as i can already do it myself.
i was just wondering if you have found a way to equalise tracks in a non subjective manner.
i don't know anybody that can do that,.....well apart from me!
thus your comment piqued my interest.

of course it is very fluid, as things never stay the same.

and i see you mention universal pars.......we would go separate ways here.
i don't believe in them, although a simple formula could get you the starting point to figure track equalising, and i guess you could call them universal.
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement