Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
I'm seeing her getting beat up pretty badly, so I'm surprised you didn't put her up against Zippy Chippy.

I don't know what's going on with her. She's not working the bullets this year, or getting the breezing designations she was prior, but all the articles say Mike thinks she's working better than ever, just that she's gotten really smart and relaxes and does just what he asks.

Has she lost a step, or has she gotten lazy and doing whatever she just needs to do? I wondered if she could step up against the likes of Beholder and she did. Is she now running up or down based on her competition? Has she made it a game? I've no idea. I expect more than she showed in the past two. Maybe it's rust. If she's still rusty after this one, then the rust isn't ever getting knocked off. The next race will tell us the answer.
Funny, I'm seeing the complete opposite. I'm seeing her being discussed as an all time great and top 5 fillies of all time.

I think she's lost a step this year, which is understood. But I also think her record (especially when you look at who she beat last year) is a bit misleading in regards to her place in history. She ran lights out in the Breeders Cup last year, no doubt about it. Outside of that she beat a lot of fillies who are okay, but not very good.

She's a terrific filly, who has been able to take her game on the road many times, which is very admirable. And the fact she wants to win, as evidenced by her record makes her special. But there's more to a record when you start talking all time.

» Advertisement