Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

Some of the races today were intentionally carded with only 6 horses(before scratches). It's garbage, and I guess you could call it incompetence, but that is too soft of language. This is intentional.

You either play early/ late pick-5s and the pick 6 (and even that is only if you know the dirt horses among the turf horses) and use the intentionally carded 'half-ass races' to pick the mispriced horse or the winner + occasionally a long shot, or you can dismiss a third of the card on a regular basis as a half-ass-race. Or you can nickle-and-dime along hoping that some former dirt horse will return form or some MTO horse will be a slight overlay.

Owners and the in-crowd trainers love the intentionally carded half-ass races with only 6 (and sometimes 5 before scratches) races. Plus, it makes the p5/p6 multis more affordable. Keeps those bettors active and guides DD, Pick-3 players over to that lane.

I haven't looked past the superficial sparse card today, so don't take this as a recommendation of value in today's p5s/p6... I don't know that.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 08-12-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)