Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #31
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I am a Trump "doubter"...just as I've doubted the rhetoric of ALL the candidates for public office. I am a "doubter"...because history has shown that candidates will LIE in order to get elected...and that, once elected, the general rule is that their pre-election campaign promises are quickly forgotten.
I would change lie to self-delusion (i.e., lying to yourself). Obama, at least once, said that he believed his own bullshit. I think that is true of most candidates of either party. In the modern era, your ego has to "yugely" override your grasp of reality in general and the government in particular to think that you can single-handedly implement hope and change or make America great again.

Obama and Trump have some major characteristics in common as candidates. Both were elected as faith-based candidates by a true-believer voter base. And both had little to no experience in government administration or knowledge of the day to day workings of the federal government. Both had great faith in their own ability to accomplish goals by shear strength of personality.

Trump already backed off some of his pre-primary promises, down-sizing them or calling them "suggestions". He will never admit breaking any promises, but will blame anyone and everyone for his inability to achieve them.

» Advertisement