Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #11
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Whenever I see someone post that quote by Pelosi, I question their understanding of how government works and how bills are passed. Nancy Pelosi is a lot smarter than you. That's not an insult; she is also a lot smarter than me. She understands how bills are passed and what happens after they are passed.

Changes are made to bills right up to the final vote, so while you might hope for a certain result; that is not guaranteed until the bill is passed. Even then there are no guarantees. Once the bill is passed and signed into law, it has to be implemented. The appropriate department has to publish rules relating to the new law. Sometimes these rules may change the meaning of parts of the law.

Someone may challenge the law in court. That has certainly been done in the case of the ACA. Courts must decide on how to interpret what Congress has written. Nancy Pelosi was wrong. We don't find out what is in the law after it passes. Sometimes we need to wait years longer to find out.
If Congress is going to pass the biggest piece of legislation in 30 years don't you think it would be a good idea to know something about the law before you vote on it?

Changes are made to bills by votes so theoretically you should know pretty much everything in it. The law is the rules! It's regulations that are written to make sure the rules are implemented. Only Obama's administration writes the rules after the law is passed.
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)