Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #42
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
After tinkering briefly with Chaplin and thoroughbreds, I gave up. There is no correlation between inherent running styles in thoroughbreds that, though also decelerating, label them "closers" and others "early speed". Stretch performance alone cannot be the criteria for ability and "shape" in thoroughbreds, regardless of pre stretch energy.

In my visual days, I did gain the knowledge that it takes some strides before a horse will accelerate when asked, dependent upon the degree of urging. Going from restraint to a drive seemed to me similar to a car being floored. Lots of initial spinning of wheels. One of several reasons I seldom incorporate fractional times. Too simplistic.
1. IMO, stretch performance works better for turf racing when combined with closing times, but the pre stretch energy part of it and the relationship to the closing times is still an enigma to me when you are talking about different distances and turf surfaces.

2. Very interesting insight about "spinning wheels".

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)