Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 03:33 PM   #23
ultracapper

Andy Beyer, in one of his books, shared a story about how he brought a lady friend to the track one day, as the day went along, she got bored, so they left early for a dinner date, and he missed hitting a healthy exacta in the last race of the day. From there on out, he kept women and handicapping as far apart as possible.

I didn't get my play in today, and only 2 other people played this horse. A real separator. We have to have our picks in by 12:20 local time. At 10:50 my wife sends me to the store. Has me pick up a few things. Then calls me and asks me to pick up one more thing, and run it to her sister's house, 20 minutes out of my way. Jump on the computer at my sister-in-law's, and can't remember my password to log on to Santa Anita's web site. Call my wife, she can't find the password in my home office. Take a couple guesses on my cell phone. Nope. 11:45, 20 minutes from home. Plenty of time. Wife calls again. Stop at 7-11 for cigs. No prob. Couple minutes. But no. The guy behind the counter, known him for years because this is my neighborhood 7-11, has had a cold for 3 days, and needs to tell me every detail of his weekend bed rest. "Steve, buddy, I gotta get home." Charge into the house with bag of groceries. Leave wife's cigs on car seat. 12:18. Charge out there. Grab cigs. Get into home office. Every page takes forever to load. Finally get to selection page, and, too late.

No play today.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)