Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 06:55 PM   #52
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
I haven't seen any articles or studies discussing the effect of prophylactic administration of IV Lasix measured by pain/discomfort in horses that haven't had EIPH vs any potential benefit of IV Lasix.

Specifically, I don't think vets have ever been specifically asked the question "Is the administration of IV Lasix painful or uncomfortable to a horse."

That needs to be part of the discussion as well considering both sides state the health and welfare of the horse comes first.

I will start asking that question when I encounter a vet. You are welcome to do the same. Then we can share our results.

As far as your opinion humans don't react the same way to medications, point me to the basis in fact that proves horse's don't react to IV Lasix the same as humans.

Until then, my empirical evidence of how IV Lasix makes a human feel and my being told (by horse owners) horses feel pain and discomfort as we do will is what I have to go on.

I would be open to the experience of other people who may have had IV Lasix to concur or disagree with my statement it is uncomfortable to the point of being painful in humans but I'm pretty confident that is the majority experience after having discussed the topic with a number of doctors and nurses.
I'll take one Bramlage, and you can have your personal experience.

I win.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)