Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Baseball: 2018
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #33
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
I think 64 wins is a generous amount of wins for Miami.That team is going to be in full tanque mode for the next couple of years.I doubt they reach 60 wins.It's going to be a long season in Little Havana this year. As a general manager, Derek Jeter is a great shortstop.The good news for me is I live only a couple of hours from Miami and I should be able to score some major league tickets for minor league prices on the secondary market.
Watching the Marlins on opening day, new co-owner and CEO Derek Jeter was being interviewed by the broadcast team during the game.They asked Jeter that since he was quoted as saying he wanted the stadium's retractable roof open more than a few times a year,what standards would he use to determine whether to open it.Derek replied "Well, I'll ask maitainence to push the button that opens the roof, ha ha ha", then quickly changed the subject, as if he had been had asked about the Manhattan Project. I wish Jeter well, he seems like a genuinely humble guy and he appears sincere in putting a winning team on the field but if the Stanton trade is any indication of his ability to deal, it might take a while.Always willing to be proved wrong.

As for the last sentence in my original post, I got a ticket for April 29th that cost 15 dollars including fees, about the 10th row from the first row of box seats and if I walked in a straight line onto the field to the foul line,I'd be about 20-25 feet behind where the infield dirt meets the outfield grass.Same ticket runs for 33 dollars on the Marlins website and that's before all the fees.

But they're playing the Rockies, so maybe it still wIll be minor league baseball.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)