Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 02:27 PM   #1309
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
[/B]

At least we now know that you have very selfish reasons for hating Trump and his trade policies. Personally I do not want you or anyone to get hurt in life or business, but all you've done was knock Trump about his trade policy and you made it sound like you were all for free trade and anyone who differed --especially me-- was clueless.

I guess when you benefit from these trade deals thanks to the cards being dealt from the bottom deck it's all OK. 'I love free trade'. But when business doesn't go your way, as Trump's America First policy says, then all is wrong with Trump and his supporters. To guys like you, free trade is a one-way street -- your way only.

All I also know is that my successes in business and life was NOT predicated on bought-off and prostituted GOP politicians making un-American and America Last trade deals that sold out our manufacturing base and blue collar worker by the hundreds of thousands.

Sounds like you profit from this arrangement ... yet the American worker could go to hell as a result of these one-sided 'free' trade deals you advocate.
Holy assumptions...

I assure you that I have zero direct stake in anything steel or aluminum related. I'm in the mortgage industry.

Beyond that none of what you post actually refutes the facts on the ground that key sectors of the economy like manufacturing will be hurt by this. Ultimately the cost will be passed on to the consumer.

MEMA strongly opposes steel aluminum tariffs proposed by Trump Admin

Quote:
Motor vehicle suppliers, which is the largest sector of manufacturing jobs in the United States, currently anticipate continued job growth for workers such as engineers, technicians and skilled trades – a magnitude of job growth that President Trump has made a priority. However, this growth assumes no adjustments to steel imports. Putting American jobs at risk runs counter to the Trump administration’s efforts to bring jobs back to the U.S.
Thou giveth... thou taketh away...

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)