Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 10:17 AM   #13
Sea Hero

I just found this when searching for something else on Google.

I made a lot of money off of Multicaps when it was a DOS program. I started in 1993, and Multicaps got shut down by BRIS a year or two later.

John got the last laugh on BRIS. Part of the settlement was that he turn over the rights for Multicaps to BRIS. He wrote it in an obscure programming language, and BRIS's programmers couldn't figure it out. They ended up hiring John, and he moved from Vegas to Lexington> I fell out of touch around 2000, but as far as I know, he worked for them for a long time after that, possibly until his passing.

John was way ahead of his time. The DOS program was, in my opinion, a lot better than the Windows version he created later. It had just about everything that could be asked for. The original had a small dedicated group of followers. Unfortunately, when BRIS commercialized it, a lot of the value disappeared.
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)