Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #7
TexasDolly

John and I go back a long ways,actually to the beginning of Multicaps, when he was developing it in his apartment on Reno in LV . He ran an ad in the Chicago version of the DRF and through that ad I made contact with him. The download for the files from his BB took about 45 minutes as I recall and for program updates he sent out CDs to all subscribers. He and George Decker along with Ron Tiller and Jim Cramer later shared a house just east of Sams Town on the east side of LV ,where they programmed and debated various aspects of horse racing . Tom Hambleton also spent a good bit of time there.
He later hooked up with Bris and programmed there for some 15 years or so. He also programmed for Ron Ambrose early in his career and later M Pizzola. After he left Bris he spent a few months with Tiller and Cramer in
developing some software using HTW files .

We played at the old Riveria on the strip generally with an occasional visit to other nearby race books. Decker almost always bested him using John's own program and caused John considerable frustration but it was pretty much all in good fun.

John only needed 4-5 hours of sleep and while at Bris he would deliver a paper route from 2-4 in the morning,go into work from 5am to 1pm,play golf in the afternoon and program on the newest version of MCaps in the evening.So, until he became quite ill, he fit a lot into his days.

The last time I talked with him,about a month ago, I asked him if he had talked to Dave S lately and he said no but he had a message to call him and would try when we hung up . I hope he made contact.

TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)