Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #17
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
It makes zero sense for a track to not want a remodel unless it foresees it to go out of business. As far as I know the track makes a much larger profit if money is wagered on location. The other thing is you always hear track management or owners complaining that nobody comes out to the track anymore and bet online etc blah blah blah. Ya know 20-30 years ago couples, friends and groups came out to the track because it was a nice venue at the time. Who the hell wants to go out of there way to visit depressing cemeteries like Monticello and Pimlico? Imagine bringing a date there? I think a track like Aqueduct should be shut down and NYRA switches between Belmont and Saratoga. Summer/ fall racing at TOGA would be sweet. When Gulfstream rebuilt they saw the future( smart people) and made a much smaller grandstand area. It’s my favorite track except for the turf course which is being redone for the winter meet !
Track owners can "want" something all day long but redevelopment in major markets is $$$$ and there's ZERO reason to believe there would be a break even during their grandchildren's lifetimes.

Have you been to Gulfstream in person? Nice place, agreed, but on-track crowd is nothing to brag about, and the opening of the nearby Aventura Mall made it even sparser. I'd almost rather be at a depressing cemetery than I would an empty but 'upscale' restaurant.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)