Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 11:49 PM   #21
Nitro

I personally would never waste my time or money on a horizontal Pick-whatever bet. Why? Very simple because anyone who plays them realizes first of all that they’re forced into playing one (or more) race in the sequence that they may not be comfortable with. So what do they do for that race? Combine as many entries as they feel necessary to keep their bet alive. (Hopefully that occurs in as few races in the sequence as possible to keep the cost of the bet down).
How do you avoid this dilemma? Very simple select only the races you are most comfortable with and create your own horizontal play by parlaying your winnings from race to race. This can be done with vertical exotics on a race by race basis too.

There have been some comments on physicality observations too. Well, unfortunately unless you’re psychic or privy to some worthwhile inside information the ONLY race in your Pick-whatever bet where you can actually examine the field is the First race in the sequence. Beyond that you’re out of luck. Not too cool if your single in any of the following races comes out looking like crap.

Besides I like idea of selecting and playing races that offer value that I can recognize, and passing races that don’t. Combine some winning Exacta or Triple parlays and your average Pick-whatever bet may not look so enticing by comparison.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)