Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPRanger
Anyone play Hong Kong racing?

Where would you bet on it?

PP's don't show fractional times only final time. They do show position and beaten lengths at intervals though I don't know what the intervals are. This Happy Valley track has an irregular shape.

I notice the horses number is not assigned by post position but by how much weight it carries. I assume they still draw for post position but I don't know. Seems like I recall Australia assigning post positions by weight. I don't know what the class ratings mean.

At first glance it looks like to handicap these races you would consider finish, weight and distance and probably something to do with the class ratings. If you made your own final fraction (whatever that would be) clockings on the horses you might could get an edge. Just my thoughts. I have no experience with this but I would like to learn more about it.

Example from the recap sheet for Wednesday:

Race 1 DOUBLE / FIRST 4 / PLACE / QUARTET /
QUINELLA / QUINELLA PLACE / TIERCE /
TRIO / WIN (Bet Type availability will be
subject to individual operator)
About Six Furlongs (TURF) - Class 4 - Ratings 60-40. - Purse
$97,980.

1 Spitfire N Rawiller 133
2 Easy Success B Prebble 130
3 Parental Spirit C Y Ho 130
4 Pakistan Baby D Whyte 129
5 Snowhooves O Doleuze 127
6 Timely Arrived N Callan 127
7 Consistent Y T Cheng 125
8 Lightning Pegasus D Lane 125
9 Happy Homing K C Leung 124
10 Jet Set Dragon A Suborics 119
11 Whistle Blower M L Yeung 118
12 A Fast One K Teetan 114
S1 Owners' Pride --- 120
S2 Good View Delights --- 121
I don't play the HK races much, but it seems to me that running only 2x/week on a closed circuit would put a huge premium on actually watching the races or replays rather than using printed form. In the U.S. we necessarily rely on PPs- racing generally 4-5 days/week and frequent shipping, especially in the East, make it difficult for the player other than the pros or truly committed to see all the races. In HK there is max 20 races or so/week, and all the horses come from the same pool. I think that is also why Hoofless cites other variables like physical appearance, post, etc as most important. I don't know if there is much emphasis on time over there.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)