Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Think about it!
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #1
Franco Santiago

Think about it!

Imagine that you are brand new to horse racing and that a few days ago you were invited to the track with a friend, you got a little lucky and won some money, and you are thinking that the game might actually be not only fun, but worth pursuing from a betting/monetary standpoint.

So you go home and decide to do a little research. Low and behold, you surf the web and stumble upon this very website...and you read some of the threads.

Do you think, after reviewing the threads, both good and bad, that you would even CONSIDER horse racing as a potential money-making hobby? I'll bet not.

There are threads on corruption and cheating (see Jorge Navarro thread among many others), boycotting tracks due to takeout hikes, terribly poor customer service (see the recent TVG thread), doping and drugs, poor television coverage (known mostly as TVG "talking heads"), jockeys stiffing horses, short fields, people stealing money, the inaccurate timing of races, and many other things that put racing in a negative light. There are actually very few instructional or "how should I have done this other than the way I did it" threads. And I haven't even mentioned the bickering and fighting among the fragile egos that are so easily bent out of shape.

We continually lament the current state of the game and we yak incessantly about who is to blame. We even blame - on some level - HANA for some of the things.

How nuts would a beginner have to be to actually commit even a LITTLE bit of time to the game after reading all of these horrible things? Would horse racing seem fun and/or rewarding to you if YOU were a beginner? And perhaps even worse, how nuts are WE to continue to pay attention to the game after all of these horrible discussions? Honestly, WHAT IS GOOD ABOUT HORSE RACING? Why even bother?

Think about it!
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)