Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
harness2008
TM Big5 4th place

Trotters vs. Pacers

I should be specifically asking Ray this question since he is the numbers guru here. I'm in the process of finalizing a daily track chart related to class and final time and I was curious about getting any feedback concerning this question. Its been assumed that concerning the final times of races, the basic difference between trotters and pacers of identical classes is 1 second or thereabouts. At least that is what I read in a long ago written book about the subject.

My question is does this apply across the entire spectrum of all classes run at each track? In other words is there an across the board trotter/pacer difference of about 1 second related to all identical race classes or is there a proportional difference between gaits related to class? An example being at say the Trackmaster 90 level there may be a 1 second difference but this time difference between trotter and pacer may increase as the class levels decrease to a higher than 1 second difference.
harness2008 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)