Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #61
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125
I had to laugh when I read this. I've always thought that starting a non-profit ADW would be the way to go; it just makes sense to me. Rebate everything over the signal fee(and overhead of course) to the players. Handle would go through the roof. Unfortunately, the only tracks you would be able to get would be Tioga and Arapahoe or something like that. You would immediately be boycotted by every track for "stealing" all of their on-track players.
It does to me also, but logic will not overcome the crisis in California, only passion, determination, and the willingness to talk up takeout at every opportunity. If we can't talk to players at racetracks and OTBs, then maybe we have to be avaiable to them at supermarkets. gas stations,fast food places, etc.

There is no easy way to make this happen. Demonstrations are vital. Since Inglewood wants to get rid of Hollywood Park, perhaps it won't be as hard to get permits there, especially if we weren't boycitting therer, but rather informing. Maybe nearby out-of-staters like yourself would participate?

Perhaps a HANA headquarters outside Hollywood Park would make sense during Oak Tree.
Indulto is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)