Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Testing
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 02:16 PM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
Serious inquiry.

Why are people so obsessed with testing and making sure they are negative for COVID?

I understand international travel and some jobs require regular testing. But every other scene on MSM is long test lines and talk on the difficulty of getting tests. (I don't watch it but it's on at the gym...where I work out...around other people...maskless, breathing and sweating....THE HORROR!!!)

What's the F**king point of testing? If you're sick, stay home? If you're OK, you're fine! People are so obsessed with not being around other people but they're standing in 50-100 people long lines with potentially infected people? I don't GET IT.

I imagine the Government is promoting testing because they just want to pump the numbers up more?

I couldn't help but laugh when reading that a woman tested positive MID-FLIGHT enroute to Iceland. I'm thinking, how the heck did she get on an international flight without a neg test? No, she took a rapid test (yeah, really reliable!) mid-flight and it came back positive!!!

What am I missing?
If you have symptoms or if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you should test. But I agree that some people are obsessed with testing. Also, I don’t really trust the rapid tests either.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)