Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #7101
boxcar

Mr. PA, here is what Paul thought of the Jews' status before God:

Rom 9:1-5
2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, 4 the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants , the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. 5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.
NIV

Sounds like the Hebrews were mighty privileged race. Much more so than any peoples amongst the Gentiles.

Eph 2:12-13
12 ...remember that at that time you [gentiles] were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
NIV

So why did God annul once and for all the Mosaic Covenant with the nation of Israel in 70 A.D.? Have you asked rabbi Singer yet?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)