Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:10 PM   #16
Nitro

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I am starting this thread out of genuine curiosity about the level of popularity that overseas racing has been able to attain within our country. In thread after thread here, the assertion is usualy made by someone that horse racing in other countries is more financially attractive than our domestic product is...and yet the past performances that I've been able to find for the racing overseas are woefully inadequate when compared to what we have available for our races here.

Please understand that I am in no way disparaging the overseas game...nor am I pursuing an argument with those here who have embraced the foreign version of this game. I am genuinely wondering how serious money can be wagered on a racing product that offers such limited handicapping information to the bettor. Yes...I know that the Hong Kong betting pools are huge...but I attribute this to the citizens there having gotten used to their version of the game over time. How does an American handicapper, who has gotten used to the detailed past performances that we have here, make the transition to betting serious money while using the sketchy PPs that are available abroad?

Are there detailed foreign PPs containing fractional times and speed/pace figures...which are available to the betting public at a higher price?
I found this little gem of a post and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Now don’t get me wrong! If this post was written by a “newbie” to the game it would be understandable on many levels. But for a long time seasoned player to make these sort of complaints is inexplicable!

I’m assuming of course that that the statement of “
In thread after thread here, the assertion is usually made by someone horse racing in other countries is more financially attractive than our domestic product” is referring primarily to the many discussions about racing in Hong Kong in which I've often participated.

It’s the next comment that underscores the unwarranted and distressing nature of this entire post: “and yet the past performances that I've been able to find for the racing overseas are woefully inadequate when compared to what we have available for our races here.”
In reality, this entire comment is 180 degrees off of what is actually available through the HK Jockey Club Web site, and what’s even worse is that it makes that information appear to be substandard from the perspective of a player who’s obviously stuck with mediocrity and indoctrination with the local PPs. In fact, the HK racing information is way ahead when it comes to providing ALL aspects of their racing game, the horses, and those involved.

How does an American handicapper, who has gotten used to the detailed past performances that we have here, make the transition to betting serious money while using the sketchy PPs that are available abroad? Are there detailed foreign PPs containing fractional times and speed/pace figures...which are available to the betting public at a higher price?
These concluding comments also clearly demonstrate a lack of the basic exposure to what’s actually available through the HK Web site. I realize that some might wonder how much they would have to pay for all this information. Well, here’s another reason why the HK racing product is so well received: ALL this information is FREE! Anyone who views and can grasp the enormous handle of HK racing, and yet can’t comprehend why it’s available at no charge, doesn’t understand top shelf business marketing practices when dealing with the general public.

Simple solution: Visit the HK Jockey Club Web site and judge my comments for yourself.
Nitro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)