Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: TLG vs. CMOORE
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #288
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

P.S. --

It's apparent the less-than-inspiring selections cmoore has continually posted throughout this contest has caused his sense of humor to completely disappear. If cmoore or anyone else actually thought for one second that I was going to count the $42.60 winner (not to mention the $9.40 winner as well) that was mistakenly posted for Andy on the NYRA site Friday, then they haven't been following this thread very closely.

I put up the score in reply #284 AS AN OBVIOUS JOKE just to see cmoore's reaction (and if anyone deserved a good kick in the ass, it's cmoore for his whining and his name calling lately).

In case anyone is coming into this thread late and missed the back story, cmoore complained a few replies back that I was counting Andy's picks as they appeared at the end of the day, when, according to him, I should be counting them as they appeared at the beginning of the day. There has been an instance here or there where the NYRA website initially displayed Andy's turf picks for off-the-turf races. Andy submits two sets of picks for turf races, and sometimes mistakes are made where the wrong picks are displayed at first, but they are usually quickly corrected before the race in question is run.

Well, it just so happens that cmoore went on a bit of a rant Thursday when this happened again, and he demanded that I only count whatever appears on the NYRA site in the morning, when Andy's picks first go up around 11:30am.

Lo and behold, the next day (Friday), the NYRA site is initially displaying Andy's turf picks for races 5 and 9...but alas, these races have been taken off the turf. These picks are later changed to the correct off-the-turf picks, but, had I agreed with cmoore and taken Andy's picks as they were listed at around 11:30am, Andy would have been credited with a $9.40 and a $42.60 winner. Poor Andy's turf picks won both of these off-the-turf events. Serling's dirt picks, the picks that I was actually going to COUNT once this little practical joke on cmoore was over, did not fare as well...both lost.

Though we may have indeed ended this contest prematurely, and from the looks of things, lost cmoore as a contributor to this website, what we have gained in terms of the most ironic confluence of hysterical events ever to take place here...a perfect Internet moment if you will (to borrow a phrase)...it is truly priceless by comparison.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement