Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 06:01 PM   #58
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I agree.

This year, the TimeformUS figs are especially interesting, because they account for pace. Even just the blue vs. red pace color indicators is something of a help to separate from very evenly spread Beyer figures.

-On the Roadster vs. By My Standards stuff - Not 100% 'fair', because out of the 20 or 30 derby points PPs, I kind of (intentionally) hand-picked those two similarities. I'm not a BMS fan (although if somebody reading this is, don't let me talk you off @ 30/1 !), and I actually was really impressed by Roadster in a few ways (his turn-of-foot, his apparent love for 9f+, and now his recent work where he basically circled the track at a good clip). Roadster is raw, and while Justify was a certainty barring trouble, injury(which he actually sustained and still won, etc...) Roadster is a lot less certain and not much better price.

However, the post was made with your comments involved; the 'paper' form doesn't match the hype. Here are two contenders with similar paper form, but radically different pricing, and that Roadster comes with a bandwagon of fans, perhaps even an underlay.
There is a reason for the huge difference in odds. Roadster WILL be a superstar where By My Standards will be lucky to be a G3 winner against older down the road. There is no comparing the two. The only question is will Roadster be ready at Derby time to prove his greatness.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)