Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #56
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Right now the Las Vegas odds are about 30/1 for 'X' (By My Standards) and about 4/1 for 'Y' (Roadster)...

Yea, I'm aware that Roadster is trained by Baffert. He's an intriguing horse.

But the fact that Baffert mentioned him in that TMZ video, and the fact that he's trained by Baffert is very much accounted for by the public.
That's one of the things that makes this Derby kind of interesting.

The gap between the 1st tier preps and 2nd tier preps is not very large in terms of Beyer figures this year. Owendale's Lexington (98) and even Cutting Humor's Sunland Derby (95) also fit in fairly well on Beyer.

Horses have been duplicating or exceeding their Beyers out of the Louisiana Derby (97). So that's at least encouraging.

But I can't help but think that if one of these 2nd tier prep horses wins the Derby and it's not trip related, that says more about the quality of the major preps than anything else. The 2nd tier winners haven't been crushing their fields and did not look like exceptional prospects going into them (other than maybe Spinoff). So how good can they be?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)