Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #60
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You are simply not understanding the issue.

You have an ISP. You pay them x amount for x amount of data and bandwidth. You also have a Netflix account. You pay them X amount for their streaming services.

Removal of NN allows your ISP to CHARGE you more simply to use Netflix. Not because of data or bandwidth usage... simply because they feel like it. OR they will charge Netflix who will then pass the burden on to you.
You're fretting over something that has never happened before NN was invented. Furthermore, you have no idea how the free enterprise system works. See my reply to PA.

One of the reasons millennials, snowflakes and others don't like the removal of NN is because they were all hoping for a totally free internet or an internet where everyone would be operating at the same speed. (Liberal ;politicians don't like the removal of NN for other reasons already stated by others.) I pay for high speed internet, which is why I don't worry about my ISP upcharging me for watching Netflix, Amazon or any thing else. So...if my ISP wants to get cute and upcharge me for watching steaming content, I will not only cancel my service with the content providers but will at the very least downgrade my service with my ISP and pay less to that company -- if indeed not cancel my service with them altogether. Again, such a policy by my ISP would be so customer-unfriendly that it would defeat their purpose for why they're in business in the first place.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most