Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #46
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm beginning to think you are missing the issue here or don't understand what data even is. No one says you shouldn't pay more if you consume more. NO ONE. The problem is you will be charged differently not for the amount of data you use or the speed in which you get it but by the sites you are accessing.

This is actually a bipartisan issue with the majority of Republicans also favoring net neutrality.

"Democrats — urged on by consumer advocates, digital rights groups and online giants such as Amazon, Google and Facebook — said the tougher federal oversight is needed because the internet’s increasingly vital role in business and daily life is vulnerable to exploitation by telecom companies."

"But there is bipartisan support for net neutrality, and some lawmakers want to pass net neutrality legislation that would enshrine some of the principles in law."

"“I call on Democrats and Republicans who want to preserve a free and open internet to work together on permanent consumer protections,” said Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John Thune (R-S.D.) after the FCC vote."

LA Times

75% of Republicans don't support the reversal. 80% of the electorate is against it.

Maryland Poll on Net Neutrality
Now...I know I'm on the right side of the issue. Going with the crowd is is very rarely wise. I certainly know it never works betting the ponies over the long haul.

And I'm not surprised by the level of support NN has with Republicans since that number sounds about right for the ratio of Rinos to conservatives. Most Republicans make their home in the Swamp.

By the way...how have we survived on the internet all these years before NN was invented?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most