Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: netflix
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #17
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Per this article, this guy says Netflix struggles with free cash flow. Huh?

https://seekingalpha.com/article/408...ns-growth-ends

All I know is that Netflix has the luxury of letting you and your ISP carry the workload for all that bandwidth. I've read where in some areas Netflix is over half of the internet traffic from homes. Not sure how long that honeymoon lasts, with the competition between ISPs cutting margins to the bone.

As a side note, I tried Netflix for a couple of months, and was disappointed in their selection, especially of classic movies. Their original content didn't impress me either, but based on their subscription numbers, I must be an outlier.
I read that article too, Parkview...

In a nutshell I use different metrics and methodology to analyze companies that I invest in.

In a nutshell, I buy/sell companies solely on Free Cash Flow and price. I place a lot of emphasis on cash flow growth, FCF, FCF percentage growth, Return on Invested Capital, Return on the Free Cash Flow. By my way of doing all this, I don't have Netflix with negative cash flow, that's all. But, FCF does need to be monitored because of Netflix's decision to get into the production end of original movie and TV programming. I personally do not like this.

Netflix is still way too cheap to sell at this time, imo. I do have a very nice profit in the company so I have an added luxury of waiting and seeing how some of the headline stories play out. I will be using the stock prices I posted earlier for my personal 'sell' signal.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement