Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 01:02 PM   #25
DanBoals

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnLotus View Post
I'd ask how each of you would rate each track and how would you compare them to each other... meaning for instance, list the tracks that you feel are top tier tracks and go right down to what you feel is the bottom tier tracks

Here is Howard Sartin's track class evaluation from 1995 in the attachment:

Howard used 3 year best drf speeds to adjust from track to track in the version of Synthesis I worked on. He originally used a modification based on track class, but it was less effective than the 3 year best. Neither was that great for a mechanical adjustment so he ended up just saying use your knowledge of your track to mentally adjust.

Followup 52 has the latest stuff Howard wrote on track class and it can be found on Ted's website at: https://paceandcap.com/forums/showth...?t=4288&page=6

ATM used to have a track equalization chart, but it was last updated about a decade ago, you can find it here: https://www.americanturf.com/equaliz...fm?showchart=1

To me it seems like asking which tracks are the best is like asking which NCAA conference is the best or which NFL division is best... not really going to put much money in your pocket, just more of a mental masturbation exercise.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Howard's Class Chart - 1995.jpg (67.9 KB, 10 views)
DanBoals is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.