Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #4590
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
It is true because atheism is a self-defeating philosophy; therefore, it cannot be factual (true).
Using that logic, one can also make the following statement:

Theism is a self-defeating philosophy, therefore, it cannot be factual (true).

Both, of course, are false statements.

Any argument that can be used to debunk atheism can be reversed to debunk theism. Elementary logic "proves" this, which is why both end in a hung jury in a court of law.

Any philosophy which claims to have all the answers, is suspect. I view this limit in terms of faith, which is why I'm agnostic. I understand that most do not impose this limit to include their faith.

I don't discount anyone who believes in God (or the supernatural) (via scripture and/or their own personal experiences), nor do I discount anyone who doesn't believe in God. In their hearts and minds, they have transcended past philosophical limits, made a leap of faith (or lack thereof), and usually landed on the side of believing in God or spirits.

The only self-defeating aspect of all of this is thinking that your own personal view of the supernatural must apply to and be shared by others. Nothing good comes of trying to force the issue.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)