Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
sjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruddah
Let's see if I understand. If a 3 yo ran a performance rating of 90 in it's last race in Feb., then you could reasonably expect it to run a 93 in it's next raise, if there was improvement?

I suppose I was hoping that someone with a db could run a query and look at a 3 yo's highest performance # and obtain the average difference between that race and the race just prior. In other words what was the improved performance?

I suppose you guys are telling me, if it's May, you can look for a 1.5 increASE IN PERFORMANCE X 5 MONTHS (May) or 7.5 pts. I'm still confused.
If it is a given that the race is its highest number than I am sure that on the average it will be more than 1.5 pts per month greater than the race before.

I am saying that sometime it will be higher and somewhat less times it will be lower but on the average it will be higher by an amount that depends on the time since the previous race and is greater by .05 x the number of days between (assuming before May 1).
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)