Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 03:18 PM   #42
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Vic, I think he's saying the CHRB/stewards have, several times in the past, called Kent D in to talk about similar incidents of not making an effort to obtain the best possible placing for his mounts by failing to ride to the wire --

And have repeatedly failed to act afterwards.

Imo, by failing to act on similar incidents in the past - the CHRB is not without responsibility.

Imo, years of failure to act by the CHRB (and most of the other regulatory bodies in North American thoroughbred horse racing for that matter) has resulted in the following message being sent to riders:

"Don't worry. We've got your back. It's perfectly ok if you want to mail it in during the final sixteenth."

I think it's time North American regulatory bodies started sending a message to riders consistent with that sent by the regulatory bodies in other parts of the world. (Hong Kong, Australia, etc.)

-jp

Let's see what happens this time. I think he will be sanctioned for last week's ride. We'll see how it shakes out.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)