Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #21
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Who knows what’s going to happen with the Baffert case, how long it’s going to take to resolve, and how some of his owners are going to respond when it’s over.

Over the years you can probably count on one hand the number of times I have criticized a ride. I did not like Smith’s ride. He used the horse hard enough to take a clear lead from Jackie’s Warrior! Then instead of saving some ground he rode like he was planning on floating some closer way outside or the rail was bad (it clearly wasn’t) and allowed Jackie’s Warrior to cut the corner (giving up a length or more) Then after using the horse to get the lead like that he didn’t start riding again until about the 1/8th pole. Then he started coming back. If I owned that horse I’d feel like he cost me a Grade 1 and have to make a change. Smith is an all time great, but that one shouldn’t be on his resume.
Agreed. It was terrible ride. If he takes the rail after he cleared and made Jackie's Warrior move outside I think he wins.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)