Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 06:45 AM   #13
lansdale

Blackjack the Forum

Although most posters in this thread hadn't yet seen the film, possibly some relevant comments on it from serious BJ players. The poster 'Norm' who runs the site, has written the best BJ software extant, some of it used by the MIT team (I understand Johnny Chang is in the film?), and is one of the most knowledgeable people in the world on the game. The poster "LVBear" is a longtime, successful pro, a close friend of Stanford Wong, and a boundless source of valuable information to myself and many others over the years -- I believe he's pushing 80.

I get the sense that the film exaggerates the frequency and severity of backoffs and 86s. The era of really rough stuff (like Uston's broken jaw) ended when corporations replaced the mob in Vegas. All but a couple of the backoffs I've ever received over the decades have been civil. Horses4Courses should comment on this.

Also the idea that you need a disguise to play is a joke -- I don't know anyone who uses any. Limiting exposure is much more effective, not to mention less stressful and labor intensive. Biometric scanners can easily be fooled by a baseball cap and glasses -- unlike a reasonably sharp pit boss, who can seemingly remember any player who he backed off/barred after a profitable session many years later.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...nside-The-Edge

Last edited by lansdale; 05-24-2019 at 06:50 AM.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)