Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 12:04 PM   #2
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
......it's possible I missed some advantages of the Roth IRA but I don't think so. let me know if I did
Why wouldn't you trade in a Roth account just like a regular account? When you do and have a gain the account is not reduced by having to pay taxes. Ditto for dividends and interest.

Let's say I have $500,000 in a Roth and you have $500,000 in a regular non-IRA account and we are both retired drawing social security. Surely you know the interplay between taxable income and how it affects the taxation of social security. Surely you know that a Roth is not subject to the minimum required distribution rules either (unless it is an inherited Roth).

A Roth gives you a much greater degree of control over how much income tax you will have to pay. In my view the absolute best investment vehicle you can use. With tax rates surely to increase significantly in the near future to pay for more and more government spending would anybody want to be trapped getting taxable income when they could be getting all their income tax free?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)