Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 03:05 PM   #10
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Everywhere I look, human robots are continually web-browsing on their phone as they go about their day-to-day lives. At the grocery store where I go to shop, people have one eye on their phone, and the other on the grocery shelves...and the same distraction predominates at the restaurants where I go to eat. It's as if everyone has simultaneously concluded that our "real world" has become too boring for us...so we have invented a "virtual world" to inhabit, in order to keep ourselves amused.

My own son, who is currently home from college, falls asleep with phone in hand and earplugs in place...as his friends buzz text messages to him into the wee-hours of the morning. I try to talk to him about the madness that he is falling prey to...and he looks at me as if I am speaking to him in an incomprehensible language. I am "behind the times"...he tells me.

If this is what we mean by "progress"...then I weep for the future.
Agree. My teenagers and do the same thing. According to link below 90% of teens have cell phones and 45% say they're online full time.

Quote:
TBH founders provided their new colleagues at Facebook with “a psychological trick” to acquire more teenage users, according to an internal document obtained by BuzzFeed News. The strategy involved setting up Instagram accounts for each high school the popular polling app was targeting, drum up curiosity by keeping the accounts private and then adding the App Store URL to the profile and making it public at 4:00 PM when school lets out, known internally as “The Golden Launch Hour™.” Similar TBH-style tactics may be used in the future on Facebook to engage with the teenage population due to its falling behind YouTube and Snapchat in terms of popularity. — BFN
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)