Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 11:08 AM   #25
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Especially in blue states, the vaccination rates are very significant. I thought regulators were being underprotective last year, but people are now underplaying the obvious benefit of the vaccine and how safe it will be for vaccinated people to gather. As long as everyone is required to show a proof of vaccination, there's no reason not to open racetracks wide open. The vaccines work and give rise to herd immunity as well.
I agree. But my problem with the Blue State , Red State deal is the political part is maddening. It’s a virus , if you are old or have medical/immunity issues you can die. I have one friend, that liked horse racing die from it and another given a 10% chance survive . Guy was sick for months and lost 40 pounds. Most people don’t even get that sick at all ..... but the shit is real. The politics as they are (everything is some non logical food fight) . You got people on the Red side denying the problem . I guess “freedom “ means spreading this crap indiscriminately . The Blue side is shut too much down and control that ruins business and commerce. The logic of taking action , pre cautions and trying to keep things normal is out the window. You know, the best way to combat a problem. People are pretty much “ Political Boobs” on almost every subject. My problem here in NY is if you’ve been vaccinated and it works like they claim it does. Open up, just like others are saying. The bitching between both sides is ridiculous. One side, no mask , hacking on each other...... here in NY , the opposite.... curfews on bars and dining.....like the virus knows what time it is? I just gotta laugh watching people argue over this and everything else under the sun. And 9 times out of 10, both sides are extreme and wrong

Last edited by burnsy; 04-17-2021 at 11:13 AM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most